The Invitation

The Invitation - Diane Hoh For the most part, The Invitation was enjoyable. There are never any real clues as to who the potential killer could be. I thought the book was pretty tame as no one really gets too hurt. There are some pretty tense moments. It's a quick read, I read it in a couple of hours. My only criticism is that it was too short. I wanted a better ending or should I say a more complete ending. Maybe an epilogue would have been nice. The subject matter is still relevant for today. The popular kids still exist and love to torment the "uncool" kids.

The Invitation is a YA book from the 90s. It has recently been reissued as an ebook. I missed this series because I was a bit too old to read YA at the time. (Or so I thought!) When I was in high school, Christopher Pike books were very popular and this one reminded me of those books. It's is 20th in the Point Horror series. Normally, this would annoy me because I am a stickler for reading books in order. I never believe the claim that a book in a series can be read as a "stand alone". However, I actually think that this could be considered as a stand alone book. I never got the sense that I was missing any background on the town or on the characters. I may at some point see if the rest of the series is available.