The Last Blind Date

The Last Blind Date - Linda Yellin I'm not usually one to read Non-Fiction, especially memoirs. I just really don't find them interesting. I am so glad that I decided to step outside of my reading comfort zone and give The Last Blind Date a chance. I loved this book. It was full of humor, honesty, and insight. From the first page, I couldn't put it down and devoured it.

I won't give too much away, but the author writes about her long distance courtship with her husband and her decision to move to New York to marry him. The book is more than a love story, it is a peek into one woman's chance to start over and re-invent herself. The author gives us a peek into her anxieties and insecurities as she adjusts to a new city as well as adjusting to the new role of step-mother. I think the thing that appealed to me most about this book was that I could really identify with the author in so many ways. Who hasn't had to start over in a new job, new neighborhood and tried to make new friends? The Last Blind Date will be moving to my keeper pile. I definitely recommend this one ad think that it will end up in your keeper pile as well!