Copper Beach

Copper Beach - Jayne Ann Krentz Copper Beach starts off a new trilogy for Ms. Krentz. She has gotten away from the Arcane society (well kind of) and the trilogies that span across her 3 writing genres. I will admit that this one felt more like her Harmony series set in our time and world. Some of the things that happen in this book were reminiscent of the technology in the futuristic Harmony series. (for example: the crystals and amber)

I was hoping that Copper Beach would be a nice change from what she has been writing lately. But, sadly, this is pretty much the same old thing without the Arcane society in it. The hero and heroine have strong and unique psychic abilities and they find out the they are meant for each other because their energies mesh so well together. The mystery was OK but nothing overly exciting. (I miss Ms. Krentz's straight romantic suspense.) I did like Sam and Abby together though. They were about the only thing that saved this book for me. I'll probably listen to the next one in the trilogy, but I'm not overly excited for it.