Hidden Threat

Hidden Threat - Sherri Hayes I love when I pick up a book by a "new to me" author and the book far exceeds my expectations. Hidden Threat is just such a book. The mystery is really well planned out. I was kept guessing as to who the culprit was until Cali and Matthew figure it out. That makes a great mystery!

More than the mystery, I loved the love story in this book. Both Cali and Matthew are so attracted to each other from the start, but instead of acting on that attraction, they do everything they can to try to avoid it. This actually forces them to become friends first. With a few "almost" kisses, the sexual tension between them is so scorching that when they do finally do something about it, they burn up the pages. Matthew is such a logical person and I loved his "ah-ha" moment when he realizes what he really feels for Cali. It was very endearing. I was so rooting for their HEA.

I definitely recommend this one. I see a great future for Ms. Hayes and I can't wait to pick up another book written by her.