The Eternity Code

The Eternity Code - Eoin Colfer I liked The Eternity Code a lot more than the 2nd book. It was lighter and much more interesting. It was more of an adventure that I thought a kid would like. There was a lot less scientific information crammed into the book. Artemis is going legit; he just has one more thing to do. He has created a supercomputer cube that is made from stolen fairy technology. Even though he is a genius, he discovers that he hasn't thought of everything. His plan sets off events that threaten not only his world but the fairy world as well.

In The Eternity Code, we see a nicer side of Artemis. He has started to really care about his friends. When Butler's life is in jeopardy he is willing to do whatever it takes to bring him back. I also think having his father back and seeing a new attitude in his father contributes to this change. Artemis and the fairies work together as a team once again and their bond deepens. I was a bit surprised by the ending and look forward to seeing how it plays out in the next book. This is a great addition to the series.