The Anatomist's Apprentice

The Anatomist's Apprentice - Tessa Harris I will admit that I was hoping this woudl be like The Alientist by Caleb Carr which I absolutely loved. While it didn't live up to my expectations, I still did ultimately enjoy it.. It was pretty slow in the beginning and I did find myself re-listening to parts to get the characters straight. In the end, I am glad that I stuck with the story. The mystery turned out to be pretty good. There were some cringe worthy scenes when the various autopsies are described. In the age of CSI, it was interesting to read about how one would solve a murder in the late 1700s. I enjoyed Dr. Silkstone's character. He is honorable and very intelligent. The peripheral characters were interesting as well.

This book has several twists and surprises. Despite the slow beginning, it's a good solid mystery. There is even a little bit of a love story in the end. I look forward to the next adventure with Dr. Silkstone. I listened to the audio book and it was narrated by one of my favorites, Simon Vance. That alone made it worth listening to for me.