Can't Buy Me Love

Can't Buy Me Love - Molly O'Keefe I really enjoyed this first book in the series. There is so much going on in this book that I don't want to give too much away. Luc and his sister have never really loved or been loved by their father and when he it look like he is marrying a gold digger, they come back home to protect their inheritance. Their father gets the last laugh though. When he dies, they find that their inheritance come with a price. Cant' Buy Me Love is Tara Jean and Luc's story.

Both Tara Jean and Luc are having a hard time figuring out who they really are and who they want to be. Is it ever too late to change yourself? Luc's hockey career is coming to and end. It is all he has ever known and he is a little lost. He is also a natural caretaker and I think he has forgotten to take care of himself. I loved Tara Jean and really felt badly for her for what she had gone through in her life. I think when we are told over and over that we are nothing, it is hard to believe in ourselves. I'm not sure I liked them together at first. They seemed to hate each other, despite their attraction. But, as the book progressed, I came to realize how good they were for each other. I loved their HEA.