Red Sky Warning

Red Sky Warning - Wendy L. Young There is a new mystery in Campbell Creek. Someone is trying to kill Laura and Will needs to find out who and why. There is also a mysterious new neighbor who may or may not have something to do with it all. It may also have something to do with the events of the year before. Red Sky Warning is the sequel to Come the Shadows. (My thoughts are on Goodreads here). I liked this one more than the first book. I felt more comfortable with the characters and felt like I got to know them a little more. I also felt like the pacing was better in this book. I was sucked in right away.

Will and Laura are a comfortably married couple who are still very much in love. That was a nice change. Their relationship made the sense of danger and urgency very believable. I really liked their banter at times. We also get to see more of Ricky and his wife as they navigate pregnancy and the complications that go along with it.

Sometimes sequels can be stand alone books, but I wouldn't say that about this one. There are places where I think the reader would be lost if they hadn't read Come the Shadows. So, I recommend picking up that one first. As in the first book, this one leaves some unanswered questions. It looks like this is part of a trilogy, so I'm hoping that they are answered in the final book.

This is a well written series and I definitely recommend it. Try it out!