Between The Lines

Between The Lines - Jayne Ann Krentz This is the Jayne that I know and love. As much as I like her Arcane series, I think I like her older novels better. Between the Lines is a marriage of convenience tale, but from the start you can see that both care about each other. Gray is actually in love with Amber, but he talks her into marrying him for convenience sake. She has been pretty hurt int he past and he knows he must take his time to show her she can love again. Gray is such a great guy, anyone would have to be crazy not to fall in love with him. I think I liked Amber so much because she isn't a naive virgin. She has guts and isn't afraid to go after what she wants. There are a few giggle worthy scenes in this book. I loved the part when Amber tries to seduce Gray and upon failing, she asks him if he likes women. His reaction was priceless!

There is a little bit of intrigue and action in this one, but the romance is really the main focus. If you missed this one, pick it up. I listened to the audio book. It was a nice escape and a nice change from her Arcane series.