Darkroom

Darkroom - Joshua Graham Darkroom is an intriguing and fast paced book. It was pretty straight forward but had a couple of twists in the end. After finishing the book I walked away with mixed feelings. The thing I liked about this book was the way it was written. The story is told through the points of view of several characters in the book. This was a nice way to get a well rounded view of what was happening. The reader gets to look into the minds of each character. They tell us their own thoughts instead of the writer telling us what they are feeling. I also liked the idea for the story. Government cover-ups and conspiracies always make for a great book. The parts of Grace's journal concerning the Vietnam war and the fall of Saigon give the reader an real insight into the time period. I wouldn't really classify this as a Christian book. There are some religious themes running through it and they fit the story nicely.

There were a few things that I didn't like in the book. I felt like for the most part, the book was well written. But, there were a few times when I thought the book could have used some better editing. Some of the conversations and reactions of the characters felt forced and blown out of proportion. I also thought the "romance" between Xandra and Kyle was an unneeded element in the book. It just felt like an afterthought.