Duke City Split

Duke City Split - Max Austin I flew through this book and I'm not sure I let go of the breath I held until the end of the book. It was that exciting. Duke City Split starts out fast and never stops. It's like one of those movies that starts out with a bang and you just have to hold on for the ride. After Bud and Mick agree to help a young kid rob a bank in their own hometown, the "easy job" turns out to be their biggest mistake. As the reader, you never know who is going to pop up wanting a piece of the action. Nor do you know who is going to be safe.

Even though they are criminals, I found I liked Mick and Bud. Especially Bud because he is a family man who is upfront with his wife about his "job". In general, you aren't supposed to root for the bad guys, right? But as you read, you can't help but hope Mick and Bud get away with it. The ending had me yelling in frustration. Not because it wasn't good, but because I wanted more! This is supposed to be the first in a trilogy, so I can't wait to read the next book. I definitely recommend this one. It's a quick read that you won't want to put down!