The Lady Risks All

The Lady Risks All - Stephanie Laurens Overall, I enjoyed the story. I really loved Neville and Miranda together. Miranda was a great character. Even though she believes herself firmly "on the shelf", she isn't afraid to take chances and experience all life can offer her. She may be innocent in the ways of love, but once she gets a taste, there is no stopping her. I loved that she wasn't a wilting wallflower. I don't think a woman like that would be a good match for Roscoe. Their fall into love was very sweet and, at the same time, heart-wrenching since neither of them believed they could have a life together. I loved the HEA ending.

What I didn't like about the book was the length. I thought it was just way too long. Coming in at almost 500 pages, there were quite a few scenes that I thought could have been cut and it wouldn't have taken away from the story. They really did nothing to advance the story at all. Because of them, I found myself getting a bit bored in the middle. The writing was a bit repetitive at times, especially during the love scenes. I also got tired of being told that Miranda was 29 years old. I think I got the point after the 6th time I was reminded.

Despite all of this, the story was good. It's definitely worth reading. Just be prepared for a long book.