Merry Ex-Mas

Merry Ex-Mas - Sheila Roberts Just in time for the holiday season comes this cozy tale about love, friendship and starting over. Merry Ex-mas revisits the town of Icicle Falls. Three friends find themselves dealing with their exes before the holiday season. Cass must let her ex and his young wife stay with them for a few days. Charley's cheating ex is back to try to win her back. Ella just wants to sell her house and get away from her ex.

Of the three women, I liked Charley's story the best. I think a lot of women can empathize with her and her struggle over whether she should take back the man she knows is a cheater and a liar. I applauded her friends for doing the right thing and telling her he was no good, even when she didn't want to hear it. That is what made this book so special. Cass, Charley, and Ella are surrounded by a network of women who rally around them when things are tough. It's often friends who get you through the tough times.

This book is well written. As a reader, I felt like this is a town I would want to visit. It is the second in a series about icicle Falls, but it can truly be read as a stand alone. The first book, Better Than Chocolate is a great story as well. Why not pick them both up and get lost in Icicle Falls?