Release Me

Release Me - J. Kenner Just like Bared to You by Sylvia Day, which I loved, (my review) Release Me by Julie Kenner is yet another book that proves there are great writers of erotica out there, you just need to know where to look. Ms. Kenner has produced a well written and extremely sensual story. I devoured this book. The characters were strong, the writing was flawless and the story was captivating.

I read this one pretty quickly. I had a hard time putting down once I started it. Both Nikki and Damien share secrets from their past. As their relationship grows, Nikki comes to realize that their backgrounds are very similar. I really liked Nikki. Nikki is a flawed, yet strong person. She may be young, but she is uber smart and is not naive. Damien is powerfully rich, but he isn't an ass. Yes, he is very much an alpha male, but he was never crude to Nikki and I felt he genuinely cared about her. This book does deal with the Dom/sub topic, but I felt it showed a genuine portrayal of that type of relationship. It's about pleasure and trust, not about demeaning the other person.

I won't bring up that other book, (you know... the one I didn't like), because frankly, there is no comparison. You should read this one, not that one. Seriously, what are you waiting for? It comes out January first. Why not start the year right?

I can't wait to read the next one, Claim Me, which comes out sometime in 2013. I know I will be stalking the bookstores for that one!