The Dead Shall Not Rest

The Dead Shall Not Rest - Tessa Harris The Dead Shall Not Rest is the sequel to The Anatomists' Apprentice. I enjoyed the first book a lot, so I had high hopes for this one. While I liked it, I didn't love it. I felt like there were too many plot lines going at once. As I was reading, the story felt disjointed and dull at times. In the end, everything was woven together neatly and made sense. There was also one or two twists in there, but for the most part it was all just OK for me.

I thought that the entire plot line with Thomas' fiance was unnecessary. Lydia never struck me as the type of person to try to take her own life no matter what the circumstances. At least not from how I remembered her in the first book. It looks like the entire scenario was a set up for part of the plot for the next book. I got that; I just didn't like it. The other characters were loosely based on real life historical figures. The gruesome parts that they play in the book did make me want to look them up on my own to read more about them.

Will I read the next one? Probably. I just hope it is a little more entertaining.