Checkmate, My Lord

Checkmate, My Lord - Tracey Devlyn Checkmate, My Lord was quite the adventure. It is the second in a series. At first, I felt like I was missing something since I hadn't read the first book. I think had I read it, I would have been able to orient myself to the characters a little better. As the story progressed, I found myself feeling more comfortable with Sebastian and Catherine's story.

When it comes to spies and intrigue, who can you trust? Catherine wants to find out what happened to her husband, but can she trust the one man who can tell her? I loved Catherine and Sebastian together. They both long for love and family, but they are afraid they will never find it. I liked that Catherine wasn't a naive timid virgin. It was a nice change. I was really rooting for them! The other characters were wonderful especially little Sophie.

I highly recommend this book. It's filled with spies, action and a mysterious figure who looks to maybe play a part in the next book? I look forward to reading Ethan's story as well as going back and reading Cora's.