Darkness Rises

Darkness Rises - Dianne Duvall I'll start out by saying, this series just keeps getting better and better. I know I say this every time, but I am so sad when I finish one of these books. They just don't some out fast enough for my liking. Having to wait a year is agony!

I loved Etienne and Krista. As with the other Immortal couples, their fall for each other is effortless. I think that is what appeals to me most about this series, there is minimal angst. I love that! Sometimes, I just want to see a couple fall hard and fast and admit it already! These two are well matched. Krista has been hunting vampires for years. Because of that her ability and willingness to jump right into the thick of the fight was believable.

Darkness Rises is essentially Etienne and Krista's story. But there are a lot of other things going with other characters as well. Ami is pregnant and that is causing all sorts of worries among those who care for her. Lisette seems to have an admirer in Zach (whose origins are unknown) and someone is assembling para-military troops again to hunt vampires and immortals alike. The books ends with some BIG questions. I'm hoping Lisette's story is next!

I would recommend not starting with this book. Because it is book #4, I felt like there was too much back story that one would need to know to jump into the book at this point. So, start with Darkness Dawns.