True Love

True Love - Jude Deveraux True Love is the first book that I have read by this author. If her others are like this one, I think I have found another romance writer that will soon become a favorite. I adored this book. Despite its length, I was able to fly through the story. This is supposed to be a new series in the Montgomery-Taggert saga. Even though I haven't read any of those book, I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Some of those characters show up toward the end, but I didn't feel lost.

I loved Alix and Jared together. Their personalities meshed so well together. I was happy that the angst didn't last for too long. Alix comes to Nantucket island to live in Jared's house after his aunt dies. While there, she learns more about the secrets that her mother and father have been keeping from he all of her life. I'm not sure I still understood why they did that as it didn't really seem to serve any purpose. I thought they were kind of selfish. Despite that, the romance is very sweet. Jared is very sigh worthy. I loved their HEA.

True Love isn't just a romance, there is also a ghost and a hidden treasure. There are a few surprises featuring both. I won't tell, it would ruin it. The author has also given us some wonderful peripheral characters that I hope are featured in the next book. I look forward to more of the series. While I wait, I think I'll hunt up some of her early books to keep happy.