All That Glitters

All That Glitters - Linda Howard Being a huge fan of Linda Howard, especially of her earlier romances, I so wanted to like this book. I was saddened by the choice I made to turn off the audio and write it up as a DNF book. The story was just horrendous. I know that this book was written in the 80's, but I can't imagine that the behavior of the hero in this book was considered romantic even back then.

From the minute Nikolas meets Jessica, he is rude and acts outrageously disgusting toward her. He wants her to sell him her shares in his company so that he can gain control over a business deal. Even after she agrees to sell, he still won't leave her alone. When I got to the part where he almost rapes her in her own living room, I had to stop the book. I couldn't read a book where that behavior would ultimately be justified by the heroine and she would fall in love with him. How many times did she have to say no? When you are ripping her clothes off and she is fighting you, that may be a clue. How could Jessica fall for a guy like him?

Do yourself a favor, skip this one. You won't be missing anything.