The Seduction of Miriam Cross

The Seduction of Miriam Cross - Wendy Tyson I knew almost nothing about this book going into it. I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed The Seduction of Miriam Cross. It is a well written and planned out mystery. I was sucked in right away and read it in a day. There were a couple of things that I really enjoyed. First, I didn't really know who the killer was until the end. There were just enough suspects to keep me guessing, but not so many that I got annoyed or lost. In the end, I was happy to see that the solution made sense and didn't come out of left field.

The other thing that I liked was that the story was told through the perspective of not just Delilah but her staff as well. It allowed me to really get to know Nastasha and Barb's characters better than them being just peripheral characters relayed through Delilah. All of the women in the agency are strong women and each brings a unique talent and perspective to the group. I only wish that I had learned more about Margo, the ex-nun. Maybe in the next book?

As I said the mystery was enjoyable. It starts out as a true puzzle. What they learn in their investigation of the murder of Miriam Cross was just horrifying and disgusting. Human trafficking is a real problem in this world. It was nice to see some justice, even if it was in a fictitious story.

The only thing that I disliked about the book was the "romance" between Delilah and Anders. I just didn't see or feel it. It almost felt like and afterthought to the story and I think the book would have been fine without it. I do hope that it is explored more in the next book in the series. I highly recommned this book to mystery lovers. I don't think you will be disappointed!