Heart of Danger

Heart of Danger - Lisa Marie Rice oing into Heart of Danger, I thought I was getting a straight romantic suspense. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to get a bit of romance and suspense, mixed with paranormal and Sci-fi. I enjoyed the book and think it is going to be a good series over all. The book takes place in the near future. It's a little dystopian, but nothing too crazy that you often find in YA books. ( Please note, this isn't a YA book!) Mac and his colleagues have been wrongly accused of treason and have gone "off the grid". Catherine needs to find them in order to help a patient of hers. Catherine is a brilliant scientist who is working on some cutting edge Alzheimer's/Dementia research...or so she thinks.

I enjoyed the characters in the story. I thought Mac and Catherine's connection was real given her talent for reading feelings. I liked them together. It was fun to see an alpha like Mac fall hard and fall fast! More than the romance though, I loved the sanctuary that they guys have built. It sounds like a beautiful place to live, if only it existed in real life. There are a few twists in the story and the action is fast paced and exciting. I can't wait to see how everything plays out in the next book, I Dream of Danger.