The Switch

The Switch - Lynsay Sands One of the things I love about Ms. Sands historical books is the humor that never lets up. The Switch is a very amusing and at times confusing book. Confusing only when Charlie and her sister where playing each other. Charlie and Beth are identical twins who are attempting to escape being sold into marriage by their uncle. They decide to flee with one of them dressed as a boy. They meet Radcliffe as they are fleeing and h takes them under his wing.

Radcliffe spends much of the book thinking Charlie is really a boy. It was amusing to see his conflicting feelings toward Charlie as a boy and Charlie playing Beth. It sounds more confusing than it is. I did love how Radcliffe's plans for Charlie (as a boy) kept backfiring on him. I think the brothel scenes were pretty funny. I did think that I had the blackmailer all figured out, but I was pleasantly surprised to see I was wrong in the end. It was a nice twist. The other characters in the book were a lot of fun. This is definitely a book I would recommend!