Turned

Turned - Virna DePaul Turned is the first in a new series by Virna DePaul. I really enjoyed the book and the world that this author has created. Although, I do have to confess that I'm not a hundred percent sure of what is going on in the world. There were parts that were a bit vague, but I think that will work itself out in future books. Vampires are real, but no one knows about them except the FBI. They are born or turned. The book wasn't too clear on how the turning happens so hopefully that will be explained more later on. I think in the first book, it is hard sometimes to build the world completely without boring the reader. So while I wanted to know more, I was happy the book wasn't too detailed right away.

I loved Ana and Ty. Ty has been turned against his will and hates what he has become. He has to recruit Ana to help the FBI in their work. The attraction for both is instant. I thought they were good for each other. The other characters were interesting and I look forward to reading their stories. I think this is a good start to a great series. I can't wait for the next one to come out!