Fog City Strangler (Sam Slater Mysteries)

Fog City Strangler (Sam Slater Mysteries) - Greg Messel Fog City Strangler is the 4th book in the Sam Slater mystery series. The series takes place on the late 1950s in San Fransisco. I have really been enjoying this series. The latest installment is a welcome addition. I always feel like I'm visiting good friends when I read an adventure with Sam and Amelia. It has been fun to watch their relationship progress as the series has gone on. Now married, they make an even better detective team. I just want to know when Amelia will quit her TWA job so that can spend more time solving crimes with Sam!

This time around, there are three separate mysteries going on at the same time. There is a serial killer targeting young blonde women in the city. There is a missing woman and an ailing mother who is desperate to find her. Finally, there is a neighbor who seems to be in an abusive marriage and whose husband gives Amelia the creeps. I liked how the mysteries progressed. While I was able to figure out one of them pretty easily, the other two kept me guessing. The story was well plotted out. Even though the book was long, I was sucked in and couldn't put it down. As always, the author has sprinkled photos of life in the 50s. I love that about these books because it really gives the reader something to picture in their mind as they read about the locations. The next book comes out later this year. I can't wait to read it!