The Bride Says No

The Bride Says No - Cathy Maxwell After reading the synopsis, you would think that this book was a romance between Aileen and Blake Stephens. I was expecting a romance between the two, but it just wasn't there for me. After reading the book, I can't say I blame Aileen or Blake for falling in love with each other. There was never any feelings between Tara and Blake as it was an arranged marriage so I found it didn't bother me as much when they got together. That's not to say that their love story was anything to really write home about. While Blake and Aileen do eventually get a HEA, I felt like the relationship fell flat and was a little forced. I would have liked to see more.

The main issue that I had with the book was that the story seemed to be more about Lady Tara, then about Aileen. Tara was more center stage with her manipulations and selfishness. I really didn't like her character at all. I was hoping she would redeem herself in the end and was pleased to see that she did do the right thing. But, I still didn't feel too badly for her that she lost out in the end. She kind of deserved it. So I won't say this is a bad book. I just ended up being an OK read for me.