The Line Between Here and Gone (Forensic Instincts)

The Line Between Here and Gone (Forensic Instincts) - Andrea Kane Most people could probably read this as a stand alone book, but I would suggest reading the first one to see how the team got started and the motivation behind what they do.

This time around, they are asked to find Amanda Gleason's former lover. He is probably the only one who can save their infant son's life. The problem is that most people think he is dead Once they start looking into his life, the team finds there is much more than meets the eye. This story had a ton of twists and unexpected turns. It is one of those books that has you on the edge of your seat. As I was reading, I could feel the urgency to find this man. I could also feel the hope and desperation of Amanda as she watched Justin fight for his life. It was heartbreaking!

I enjoyed this story as much as the first book. I love all of the characters of the team. They are all different, yet they mesh well together. I can't wait to see how the relationship between Claire and Ryan works out in the next book. I was also happy to see Hutch appear in this one. My hope is that heand Kasey will be able to spend more time together in the next book.