The 500: A Novel

The 500: A Novel - Matthew Quirk I enjoyed The 500. I was pleasantly surprised by the book. I was afraid it was going to be like The Firm (which I didn't care for) and I was happy to say that it wasn't like that at all. The story is filled with intrigue, paranoia and lots of secrets. The plot of the book was well fleshed out. I enjoyed some of the twists that the author threw into the story to throw the reader off. I don't want to give too much away, because it would ruin it. While I don't really know much about lobbyists and the inner workings of the political, the author did a great job of making me comfortable enough with the subject to enjoy the book.

I loved the main character. Mike is a pretty likeable guy. While I didn't always agree with the choices he made, I still liked him. His sense of humor about his circumstances really made the book fun. I also loved the ending. It's a good one with a little twist of "Will he or won't he?". What a great way to end the book! The audiobook was wonderfully narrated by Jay Snyder. If you are looking for your next great read, check this one out!