The Priest and the Peaches

The Priest and the Peaches - Larry Peterson I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. The synopsis looked interesting and I am always looking for new books to experience. Sadly, I didn't love it as much as I hoped I would. The general story was emotional and heartbreaking. The Peach family has lost their father and they now have to learn how to make it on their own. I liked the how the oldest siblings automatically jumped into trying to make things better for the younger ones and vowed to keep the family together. I also liked how the community came together in the end to help the kids.

What I had a hard time with was the dialogue. It felt awkward for me at times. Some of the conversations that the characters had just didn't seem to fit the scenarios. This made it hard for me to keep my interest in the book. I also think I would have enjoyed the book more had it taken place over more time than just one week. While the immediate problems were solved, I wasn't left with a sense of how the family would make out in the long run. While it was a good concept, it just wasn't really for me. But, try it out for yourself.