The Princess and the Peer

The Princess and the Peer - Tracy Anne Warren This is the first book that I have read by this Ms. Warren. I know I will be seeking out more of her works. The Princess and the Peer was a random pick off of my library's audio-book shelf. Occasionally, I can find a recently published book that sounds good. I was hoping for a good romance and I wasn't disappointed.

After learning she is to be married off to a king in order to save her country, Emma runs away to experience a little fun before the inevitable. What she didn't count on was meeting and falling in love with Nick. Emma and Nick are so perfect for each other. It was fun to watch them fall in love. I especially loved the pub scene! It was heartbreaking knowing there was so much in the way of them being together. I was so hoping they could figure out a plan for them to get their HEA. I loved the end and how it worked out. The solution was a nice surprise.

The other characters, mainly Emma's other princess friends were wonderful and a lot of fun. I know that they are the other princesses in the last two books of the trilogy. I especially loved Ariadne and her forward thinking. She snubs her nose at convention and hates the situation that Emma is being forced into. I wonder if she and Prince Rupert will end up together? Princess Mercedes's story, Her Highness and the Highlander, is the next book and comes out in November. I will definitely be looking for it to hit the shelves.