Back to You

Back to You  - Jessica Scott Back to You is the third in the Coming Home series by Ms. Scott. I am so in love with this series. The thing that I love the most is that the author uses her military background to give you a very real look at the life of our soldiers and how war affects them. Back to You is such a compelling story about two people who are so in love, but don't know how to save their marriage. I felt like it was a very real look at how war doesn't just change the soldier, it can really change the family that is waiting for him or her. My heart was rooting for Trent and Laura to find their way back to each other.

Trent Davila has been hiding from his family. Continually volunteering for tours has caused a real rift in his marriage with Laura. The war has changed him and he finds himself not knowing how to be a dad and a husband. When he returns home to face court martial charges, Laura is reluctant to get involved. I was really happy that their finding their way back to each other took time. I don't think I would have believed it if it was quick. It was heart-wrenching, but the journey back to each other was so worth taking with them.

This is a great addition to the series.