The Laws of Love

The Laws of Love - Lisa  White Laws of Love is a pretty quick and enjoyable read. While I enjoyed the story overall, I wish it had been longer. There were times when I felt like I was missing back story and times when I wish the story had expanded or explored further. Livi is a driven career woman, who is hoping to get a promotion. Jake is back in town for what seems to be an extended visit after leaving the military. Livi and Jake were very sweet together. I am always a sucker for long lost loves. I only wish there had been more of them together. I was confused by Jake's reaction and quickness to walk away from the woman he loved when she was working too hard. It gave me less confidence in the HEA. Especially when Jake hadn't indicated he was staying around for the long haul.

The suspense part of the book was interesting. I almost liked that better than the romance. There was a nice twist toward the end that I didn't anticipate. I definitely think Laws of Love is worth a read. This is the first book I have read by the author. I look forward to reading more from her!