Faking It

Faking It - Cora Carmack I was so happy to see Cade get his own story. I remember feeling so badly for him as he was so in love with Bliss. I really enjoyed Faking It as much as I liked the first one. The characters are young, but very realistically portrayed. They are both in search of finding out what kind of adult they want to become.

In Faking It, Cade finally finds a way to get past his feelings for Bliss. Max needs a "normal" boyfriend quick to get her parents off her back. Cade seems to fit the bill perfectly. Max and Cade were perfect for each other. Both they are searching for some type of happiness in their life. I loved Max. She has a lot of baggage from growing up, but she is really fighting to be who she wants to be. Her music is important to her. I felt really badly at how her family treated her. I was so happy with how she deals with them in the end. I thought that, while very different from Max, Cade was so good for her. He called her on her BS and she gave him a reason to finally fight for someone to stay in his life. This was a great sequel to the series. I look forward to Finding It next!