Never Seduce a Scot

Never Seduce a Scot - Maya Banks I have been on a historical romance kick lately. Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks was a great book. I was sucked in right away. Ms. Banks is a great writer. Her descriptions of Scotland make me want to travel. I loved the characters. Eveline and Graeme are both put into a situation that they are not happy with. The King has forced them to marry in an attempt to create peace among their clans.

I was all set to dislike Graeme. It was rumored that Eveline was "touched" and I was ready for him to be mean at first. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised. Graeme shows her nothing but kindness, even before he learns she is only deaf and isn't "touched". Eveline is a wonderful match for him. I had to admire her courage and strength. I also loved that their fall into love was pretty effortless. I really enjoy watching big alpha males be brought to their knees by the love they find for a woman. The ending was super sweet.

The villain in the book was despicable and I was fully happy with the resolution in the end. I was secretly applauding! It looks like the villain's clan plays some part in the next book. I definitely recommend this book to any lover of historical romance!