Faking It

Faking It - Diane Alberts I always like these types of stories, because the characters, while trying to fake a relationship, end up in a real one anyway. They also make for some very amusing scenes. Faking It had a lot of those. I liked Derek and Stephanie together. They played well off each other. Their relationship worked because they were able to give each other what they needed.

The overall story was fairly good for me. I was able to read it rather quickly. The one thing that I couldn't understand is why Stephanie continued to play the game that her boss wanted her to play. She was fighting so hard to be independent and prove herself, but she allowed herself to be taken advantage of in such horrible ways. That showed how much she still needed to learn about herself as well as the business world. I was happy when Derek kept giving her a reality check, even if she didn't think she needed one.

I recommend this one if you are looking for something quick and light to read. I was intrigued by Stephanie's brother and his "job". I hope that Ms. Alberts writes his story next.