Once in a Lifetime

Once in a Lifetime - Jill Shalvis, Annie Greene Once in a Lifetime is the 9th book in the Lucky Harbor series, but it is the first one I have read. While there were times that I wish I had a bit more back story, I found myself not caring so much about that since I was enjoying the story so much. This book was hilarious, endearing and heart wrenching all at the same time. I loved Ben and Aubrey together. Their HEA in the end had me a little teary-eyed.

I really felt for Aubrey because people in town think she is kind of a bitch. The town seems to have a long memory and gossip doesn't allow it to forget the past very easily. She stumbles into an AA meeting and is struck by the step about making amends. She decides to try to balance out karma by righting wrongs from her past. I think we all have things that we regret doing in our past. I thought Ben was good for her and she for him. She helped him to realize that some excitement in life is good and helps him to open his heart to love again.

The peripheral characters in the town rounded out the story nicely. I really want to go back to the beginning and start at the beginning of Lucky Harbor's journey. I especially want to see how Jack and Leah and Luke and Ali got together.