Hard as It Gets

Hard as It Gets - Laura Kaye Hard as it Gets introduces a set of ex-soldiers who are searching for a way to get their good names back and prove they were set up. The first book is Nicholas and Becca's story. Becca's brother is missing and she seeks out Nick to help her find him. The problem is that Becca's father was Nick's former commander. The very one who set Nick and his team up.

I liked the overall premise of the story. Nick and the other guys were interesting. They have all gone their separate ways after being disgraced. I think it will be interesting to wathc the guys wok out their differences and find their way back to being friends and a team. I loved Becca and Nick together. The story takes place only over a few days, so the romance is kind of fast, but I believed it. Their chemistry was off the charts!

There is a lot of humor in the book. I loved all of the names that kept going around for the dog. I won't tell you what they finally settle on, but it was fitting and very cute! There is also some great action. Do they find Becca's brother? You'll have to read to find out. I look forward to reading the next book in the Hard ink series, Hard as You Can.